Ripped from the Headlines, Part Deux!
An extra tidbit: a study surveying half a million workers found that physically demanding jobs will help you live longer.
Apply table and graph reading skills to solve three green trades math problems:
What follows are the procedures for calculating how green a building is.
Green Math Calculations
Let’s start with
Heat Transfer through a Wall. You’ll need to find three numbers:
- The Thermal Conductivity number, given building material.
- The Area the heat gradient is going through. We will use one of three rooms.
- The “delta T” — the change in temperature. Each problem will give you two temperatures. Do the takeaway.
And now Solar Panels. You’ll need to find, … another three numbers:
- The Insolation number, given city and month.
- The number of daylight hours.
- The area of the solar panel in square meters.
And finally, Heat Pumps. Another three numbers:
- Mass Flow Rate. Given in the problem.
- Heat Capacity of the coolant.
- Another delta T.
That’s it for Green Trades Math.