Project: UFT-CWE DL-PD Training #5
What DL standards apply across CWE’s workforce development programs?
Goals: Practicing aligning ISTE, NYSED, NSQ and UNESCO digital literacy standards to an activity with a digital component will deepen our understandings of our andragogies.
- The only meaningful DL standards for our Chapter members are those which apply to all of our members.
- Standards alignment is a means, not an ends. Uncovering standards aligned to what you want to do in your class offers a deeper, meta-cognitive understanding of your personal pedagogy.
- Standards are not “things we have to do,” they challenge us to do our jobs better.
Participants will acquire: familiarity with a variety of DL standards as well as proficiency with standards alignment techniques. Also using Padlet.
- draw connections between digital literacy (DL) standards and an activity they design, with a digital component
- Criteria are TBD, as this is our first time rollout, however, did instructors mimic my model, or create something original?
Roles: Each instructor will design an activity for their classes with a digital component that they will then align to a various digital literacy standards.
Audience: all members of the UFT-CWE.
Situation: An online PD training for UFT-CWE members on applying digital literacy standards to our personal andragogies.
Products: Participants will draw something to align digital literacy standards to an activity they would like to do in their classroom with a digital component. The drawings will encourage instructors to reflect upon
- how standards can improve their andragogies
- specific standards related to each instructors’ way of teaching.
Criteria (TBD!) for Success: my model
Instructors will produce a drawing illustrating how DL standards are aligned to an activity with a digital component that each design.
Completing a Post Training Satisfaction Survey will be requested.
|Where u @?||Padlets!|
|Hold interest||all the bells and whistles of my Green Building lesson|
|Equip participants||How to use Padlets, survey DL standards online, draw connections between standards and instructional delivery|
|Rethink & Revise||“what do standards mean to you?”|
|Evaluate work and implications||survey|
|Tailored to differences||The “Big Idea” is all about the fact that each of us in UFT-CWE teaches unique content, in unique contexts, leading to the difficulty for each of us to share standards across our UFT-CWE chapter.|