Ask Mr. Lewis

thème sombre Forums gcp Ask Mr. Lewis

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    robert lewis
    Keymaster

any Questions? Type them here.

Anonymous

I noticed the “Heat Transfer through Walls” questions contained negative values for temperature (-27), which resulted in a negative outcome. For example, -884.187 = 0.08187 x 400 x -27. Q= – 884.187.

However, the “Heat Pump” questions also contained negative values for temperature (-13) but those answers did not result in a negative answer. For example, 21375.64 = 1111 × 1.48 × -13. Q = 21375.64.

Why does the negative apply for one and not both?

Anonymous

I also had a question for how much does the in class assignment count towards overall grade. For instance, I was present first day of class and submitted an answer for the bioswales question. However, I do not see my answer on the list. How does the program account for technical difficulties?

robert lewis
    Keymaster

Negative answers have meanings that will not be assessed in this class. Since you asked, a negative answer for these problems means heat is being removed from the house. Positive means heat is entering the house.
    The positive/negative answers for the in class group activity are simply because my Excel formula was slightly different when I generated the wall problems and the geothermal problems. I should make them the same, all positive.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by robert lewis.
    robert lewis
    Keymaster

The technical difficulty was that you posted your answer as a new topic, rather than as a reply to my topic. A couple of other students did as well. I deleted them to keep the number of topics small and easily readable.
    You will not lose any points for that.

Anonymous

You can go to the column, right click, choose numbers, then select Absolute value

Anonymous

Hello Mr. Lewis,

I resubmitted my homework answers yesterday because they didn’t upload the first time due to me using commas. I just checked my grades and I do not see the updates. Please advise.

Thank you,
    Kathleen Cruz

Anonymous

Hi was just wondering about my hw assignment. 823. #7 in the basic add/sub ft/in it has the low number subtract high number. Is that intentional or should I switch it so I don’t get a negative answer?

Anonymous

Can you confirm if my Nail Penetration Answer Form was received? 813
    Also, if you can review my answers for “Missing side” #2,5,9,13. I believe there are errors there too.

Thank you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.